Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year of dreams

This year was not a dream year. But, it surely was a year of small dreams. Not coincidentally, I read "The Alchemist" atthe end of last year and probably that made a difference. I just pursued all the little dreams and happy that I did them. In no particular order:

1. I finised watching almost all movies listed in all of AFI's 100 year series (600 of them)

2. I biked the STP (200 mile Seattle to Portland on bicycle). It was a 3.5 year dream and afer two ligament surgeries, finally completed them this year.

3. I toured all the major national parks & monumnts in the US - Yellowstone, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Rockies, Yosemite, Arches, Wind Caves, Lassen, Mt. Rushmore, Death Valley... (20 of them)

4. I touched the Arcic ocean and drove the entire length of Alaska on a RV - for the first time

5. I rafted a frigid rapids near Glacier NP, slashedup the Class4 rapids at Yellowstone, enjoyed a day long raft in the warm Colordo and rated the Class 5 Husum waterfalls.

6. I flew in a small airplane landing on a Glacier near Mt. Mckinley and flew in a Helicopeter over Glacier NP - both firsts for me.

7. I drove 6000miles on a single trip alone for 2 weeks. I had half dozen other random drives

8. I moved back to India after 5.5 years.

9. I started my own company.

10. I learnt Scuba diving. Though I didnt get the certification, I had enough of experience une water.

11. Hiked Granite mountain and a dozen other peaks.

Now, time to achieve the bigger dreams and as we step into a new decade want to follow the path of the Alchemist and go where the heart takes me. A crucial decade in which I want to redefine my life.

New year resolution: Blog reguarly in Agni and EconJournal. :-)

1 comment:

Krishna said...

Impressive list...congratulations!